- Licensed cosmetologist working for a franchise company can earn an outstanding base pay along with incentives and benefits, vacation, holidays and insurance.
- Job opportunities will grow 14% from 2006 to 2016 which is faster than the average for all occuapations.
- About 46% are self-employed, many also work flexible hours.
- The cosmetology industry employes individuals in every town and city in the country. No community exists without hair salons.
- Nearly 40% of the job openings were filled by entry-level stylists.
- 56% of salon owners reported job openings.
- There are more cosmetologists than there are lawyers in the world.
- For every new graduate, there are reportedly over 6 jobs open and waiting.
Information obtained from the following sources:
Occupational Outlook Quarterly Charting the Projections 1998-2008
NATIONAL ACCREDITATION COMMISSION FOR COSMETOLOGY ARTS AND SCIENCES
OCCUPATIONAL OUTLOOK HANDBOOK 2007